Seoul Walking and Day Trips

Seoul and South Korea Travel
Somehow going to Seoul now is less of travelling there with a list of 'to-see' activities, but more of a relaxing and revisiting the familiar favourites. It is also usually the city for travelling to other parts of South Korea as well.
Upcoming October Autumn Leaves / Food
Itinerary (food, autumn leaves, walk)
Day 1 : Arr Seoul, Insadong
  Bukhansan Park
  Uijeongbu Jeil traditional market, 
  Fried Chicken Alley
        Yongcheon Fried Chicken (s2e12)
  Jamsugyo bridge (evening)
      Cold noodle,mungbean pancake
     Yubin Sikdang (S5e12) or Pildong Myeonok (s1e8) 
Day3 : Namsan/Bukchon/StoneWall*
      Dumpling-noodle - Eulji kal-guksu (s3e13)     
 Starfield library, Lotte Tower/Park, Tren-be
      BBQ Innard - Yanggopchang (s1e13) 
Day 4 : Seoul Forest , Seongsu*
      Honsu Samgyetang (s5e11) 
  Ihwa Mural Village, Naksan Seoul Wall*
  Namsan/Bukchon/StoneWall* 
  Gwangjang Market **       
Day 5 : Namsan/Bukchon/Stone Wall*
  Gwangjang Market ** 
  Back to GZ


2026 April (Seoul , Incheon) Itiernary
Day 1 : Tianjin - Seoul
Day 2 : Incheon
Day 3 : Nami Island
Day 4 : Seoul - SG
Knowing that it would be rather late (mid April) to catch the cherry blossom, I decided at the  very last minute to fly back home via Seoul rather than Guangzhou.
Day 1: I caught sight of glimpse of cherry blossom along the road while getting into  the city (Definitely not the profusion of blossoms that I used to see....)
I walked down from Namsan to MyeongDong after viewing the past-peak cherry blossoms. 
[Seoul is still one of my favourite cities and having just a reason/excuse justify a trip here] 
I walked the usual Cheonggyecheon stream, Insadong and Ikseon-dong [Shall I venture to another new part of Seoul for my next visit?!]
I had my usual dinner of Teokkopki and gimbap too
Day 2 : One of the late blossom place is Incheon. 
Day 3: I had read and heard about Nami Island regularly but had not managed to visit it. I'm glad that I visited the Island. 
I always passed by Eulji Myeonok and decided to have dinner there [I realised it serves pyongyang naengmyeon after going into the restaurant 😋]. After that, I bought the blood-sausage [because I had forgotten how it tasted like 😁].
Day 4: I had the soybean gamjatang at the 24-hour cafe before making my way to the airport. It was another delightful Seoul trip.

---------------------------------------------------
2025 October (Seoul , Jeju) Itinerary
A stopover in Seoul before/after Jeju yoga retreat
Day 1 : SG - Seoul
Day 2 : Seoul
Day 3-8 : Seoul - Jeju - Seoul
Day 9-11 : Seoul - SG
Day 1: Bukchon walking
Though not hungry, I had my dumpling and pancake at Koong Gaeseong Traditional Dumpling House since there was no queue. Then, a pleasant evening walking to Bukchon, passing by an outdoor exhibition before having dinner at Hanuso for its Galbitang with abalone.
Day 2 : Namsan, Myeongdong
MyeongDong Cathedral basement with several shops and eateries, Lotte Departmental store, an early Sushi dinner at the basement supermarket since there was no queue. 
Day 3: Unhyeongung Palace, Insadong walk and Museum
To Gimpo airport for flight to Jeju yoga retreat.
Day 8: Lunch at  Baengnyeon Tojong Samgyetang before meeting CG and Sally at  Seongsu , a trendy neighbourhood for its food, pop-up stores and shopping. 
Dongdaemun
Day 9 (the familiar and new discoveries  with CG 😊)
A nice day for outing with CG to walk Cheonggyecheon Stream
Gwangjang Market for mungbean pancake, fermented squid/octopus, ginseng.
Daehanmum Gate because Jeongdong Observatory opened in the afternoon
Farmer Market at Seoul Plaza - we walked through the stalls, sampling food when available; to the library beside the Seoul Plaza.
Jeongdong Observatory - located on the 13th floor of the Seoul City Hall Seosomun Building [new discovery - 😊]. We had a nice coffee break while enjoying the view. 
Myeongdong for Sinseon Seolnontang and its packet kimchi; Sparex Spa [It had been such long time since I have a korean massage in its bathhouse 😊]
Ikseon-doing - Pojangmacha dinner or tteokbokki, pancake and drink [new - choosing one of the tents, sitting at the food stall and ordering the food 😋]
Thank you CG for the enjoyable day.
Day 10 (Gangwon Market, Bukchon walking)
Both fresh produces and food
Bukchon walking
Cafes lining the street, a few were very crowded and also the quieter ones 
As usual, a good trip to Seoul for Jeju holiday.

2025 April (Seoul, Kyushu)
Itinerary of the trip
 Day 9 - 10 Fukuoka
 Day 11 Fukuoka - Singapore

-----------------------------------------------
2024 April (for Cherry Blossom)
ikseon-dong
Walking the alleys and shops
An evening walk
End