Seoul Walking and Day Trips

Seoul Travel

Seoul April 2026
Knowing that it would be rather late (mid April) to catch the cherry blossom, I decided at the  very last minute decision to fly back home via Seoul rather than Guangzhou.
Day 1: I caught sight of glimpse of cherry blossom along the road while getting into  the city (Definitely not the profusion of blossoms that I used to see....)
I walked down from Namsan to MyeongDong after viewing the past-peak cherry blossoms. 
[Seoul is still one of my favourite cities and having just a reason/excuse justify a trip here] 
Somehow, I walked the usual Cheonggyecheon stream, Insadong and Ikseon-dong [Shall I venture to another new part of Seoul for my next visit?!]
I had my usual dinner of Teokkopki and gimbap too
Day 2 : One of the late blossom place is Incheon. I was 
Day 3: I had read and heard about Nami Island regularly but had not manage to free up time to visit. I'm glad that I visited the Island. 
I always passed by Eulji Myeonok and decided to have  dinner there [I realised it serves pyongyang naengmyeon after going into the restaurant. Then I bought the blood-tteokbokki [because I had forgotten how it taste like]
Day 4: I had the soybean gamjatang at the 24-hour cafe before making my way to the airport. It was another delightful Seoul trip.
April 2026 Itiernary
Day 1 : Tianjin - Seoul
Day 2 : Incheon
Day 3 : Nami Island
Day 4 : Seoul - SG
End
---------------------------------------------------
Oct 2025
Day 1 : A stopover in Seoul before joining the yoga retreat in Jeju. 

Though not hungry, I had my dummpling and pancake at Koong Gaeseong Traditional Dumpling House since there was no queue. Then, a pleasant evening walking to Bukchon, passing by an outdoor exhibition before having dinner at Hanuso for its Galbitang with abalone.
Day 2 : A walk to Namsan Tower 

MyeongDong -  MyeongDong Cathedral basement which has several shops and eateries. 



Walked Lotte Departmental store, and had an early dinner at the Japanese conveyor belt shop at the supermarket level since there was no queue. 
Day 3: Visited the Unhyeongung Palace and another walk around Insadong before making my way to the airport for the flight to Jeju to join the yoga retreat.
Day 4 - 8 : Jeju
Day 8 :Jeju - Seoul
Day 8: Seongsu-dong
Dongdaemun 
Day 9 : 
Cheonggyecheon Stream, Gwangjang Market
Gwangjang Market
Daehanmum Gate 
Farmer Market at Seoul Plaza
Jeongdong Observatory
Myeongdong and Sparex Spa
Ikseon-doing Pojangmacha dinner
Day 10
Gangwon Market
Both fresh produces and food
Bukchon walking
cafe
Itinerary
Day 1 : SG - Seoul
Day 2 : Seoul
Day 3 : Seoul - Jeju
Day 4 - 7 : Jeju
Day 8 : Jeju - Seoul (
Day 9-10 : Seoul
Day 11 : Seoul - SG
End
-----------------------------------------------
2024 April (for Cherry Blossom)


ikseon-dong
Walking the alleys and shops
An evening walk

End