Walking the Seoul Wall

Mainly photos
Seoul Wall walks
I had wanted to complete walking the Seoul Wall after my first walk in October 2019. Finally after six years, I would be walking it again :).

April 2025
Sungyemun to Heunginmun
Morning 


Toward N.Seoul Tower





Cherry Blossom


End of morning walk
Afternoon 
Lunch and continue walking
walking in the city

End of first day walk

Teabreak and dinner

Day 2
Breakfast

Start of second day walk 
Sungyemun to Sajikdan Altar



End of morning walk

Start of afternoon walk - Heuunginmun to Samcheong Park

Along the wall


First Seoul Wall walk 2019
I saw the mountain ranges and the Seoul Wall when I did my usual Nansam walk the day before. Suddenly, I decided that I would walk the Seoul Wall for the next two days.

Oct 2019 
I woke up early to take the bus to the starting point for the Bugaksan walk.
Bugaksan
Since Bugaksan is within the Military Zone, I have to present my passport, to get a pass to enter the walking path.
There was no other walker for a stretch of the walk but I felt safe. I realized that the army guys patrolling the area were not in the standard army uniform but in sleek all-black sport suit whom I initially mistaken as hikers.
There were so many surveillance cameras, and also steps! I knew that IF I were to fall, help would be almost immediate. ;)
At last, I ended my walk.
Getting there: Bus from Anguk to Waryong Park.
Getting back: ChiangGuiMun, stroll along the sidewalk to the Palace.

November 2019
Inwangsan
I continued my Seoul Wall walk from Chiangguimun, where I last completed the Baegaksan Walk.
Although the trail is steeper and there are lots more steps, the scenery is spectacular!
There were several other walkers along the trail. 
I am surprised that the Inwangsan trail is not in most of the tourists itinerary. 
I ended my walk near the palace. I like the walk!

Thoughts
I have always wanted to walk the entire Seoul Wall after we walked the first section from Hyehwamun Gate to Heungginmin Gate. 

When I go to Seoul on my next trip, I shall complete the entire Seoul Wall.


end