Busan : Taxi Ride, Walk of Dalmaji Road Cherry Blossoms, Spa and Haedong Yonggungsa Temple

Dalmaji Road Cherry Blossoms
After the taxi driver realized that I was on holiday in Haeundae, he pointed out attractions along the way from Haedong Temple back to hotel, and  chatted to me in Korean... Then I believe he asked if I would like to view the Dalmaji Road Cherry Blossom and I 'hmm hmm'; he took it as an affirmative, and made a right turn onto a smaller road.  He talked and gestured excitedly to the left and right. Sensing my not-as-excited-state, he said excitedly "Sakura Sakura!" Oh, then I realized Cherry Blossom trees lined all along the roads! It was really a sight to behold!

As I marvelled at the beautiful view, wondering where exactly I was and lamenting about missing out on such a beautiful cherry blossom viewing walk, I chanced upon Hill Spa! I was considered either going to Hill Spa or Haeundae Spa the day before. I decided upon Haeundae Spa because it was nearer to the hotel.
My plan for the day changed quickly as I added Hill Spa(Sea and Cherry Blossom view!) and Dalmaji Road walk. 
Thus, instead of a LEISURE walk to the lighthouse + check out of the hotel + back to Busan station.
 I would have a QUICK walk to the lighthouse + check out of the hotel + SPA at Hill Spa +  Cherry Blossom viewing along Dalmaji Road + back to Busan station!

Walking along Dalmaji Road
When I googled Busan Cherry Blossom, Jinhae always topped the list. Thus, my Cherry Blossom itinerary included Jinhae but not Dalmaji Road. Indeed thankful to the Taxi Driver.
Busan Dalmaji Road Cherry Blossoms, South Korea
I started my cherry blossom viewing after Hill Spa visit, heading away from Haeundae. The trees were large and the branches formed a white-pinkish canopy across the walkway.

The cherry blossom was gorgeous. There were many people enjoying the cherry blossom but there weren't any large tour groups of people.

There were rows of shophouses to grab snacks and food.

The road got crowded as many cars slowed to enjoy the cherry blossom as well.

Running short of time,  I walked back towards Haeundae beach.

As it was such a last-minute impromptu walk, I found useful details about Dalmaji Road near the end of my walk...


At the end of Dalmaji Road, I discovered an interesting walk along the Ancient Railway of Donghae Nambu Line but I did not have enough time to explore it.

Spa with View
I had only wanted to go to one spa. Since I discovered Hill Spa was along Dalmaji Road, it would have a spectacular view of the Cherry Blossom. Thus I hurriedly included Hill Spa into my itinerary.

Hill Spa is more upmarket than Haeundae Spa in town. The bathing area is also divided into several warm-to-hot bathing pools, a cold pool and a 'shower' massage spray. There is a scrubbing area with two beds but there were no customers there, unlike Haeundae Spa. There were ladies soaking in the bathing pool, having standing massages with the shower jets, and also having drinks and food. I soaked in all the bathing pools, but found the jets of water from the shower massage too painful when I tried it. I decided that the women who lined the shower jets must have been seasoned customers to be able to withstand it or of 'sterner stuff' than me.Spa, Busan, South Korea
I proceeded to the locker to change to the Jimjibang uniform.    
         "Huh..." my locker key was not on my wrist?! It must have slipped out and into one of the pools. I went back to the bathing pools, walked and checked at the bottom of each of them.
            <"Not in sight. Hmm, ALL MY BELONGINGS are inside the locker". I am "stranded" non-clothed....> I could not go to the ground floor reception "not clothed". It would be a challenge to tell the cleaning lady that I saw earlier about my predicament...
          AGAIN, I retraced all the places that I had been. I even checked through the towel rack, just in case the bracelet slipped off while I took the small towel.  <Still Nothing in sight>
          I stood at my locker cabinet, blank and dazed......, and AGAIN thought through my time in the bathing area.
        Oh, I forgot to check the shower massage area as I had such a fleeting moment there. BUT the powerful shower jet water could have forced the locker key off my wrist..... possibly?!
          I walked to the shower area. <The bracelet was by the side of the wall!!!>
         Then, I remembered the water jet from the shower hit hard on my arm when I pressed the tap, so highly unlikely but the bracelet was forced out by the water jet.
         Then, I remembered how I sneered at those highly unlikely scenes in K dramas...
Major relief as I opened the locker. I clothed myself and went to the Jimjibang floor which offered a paranomic view of the cherry blossom as well as Hyaeundae beach. I also tried the different relaxing rooms. ;).

I was glad that I squeezed Hill Spa into my schedule.
Haedong Yonggungsa Temple
This is the only temple by the seaside cliff as all the other temples are located in the mountains.
Haedong Temple, Busan, South Korea
As it was early, most of the stalls outside the temple were still closed. My cherry blossom trip was supposed to start with GyeongJu, and I was thrilled to find many trees in full bloom here.

The twelve chinese zodiac animals statues, some colourful lanterns and the pagoda lined the path leading to the temple.

There are 108 steps leading to the temple complex.

A short bridge led to the large temple complex.

After the visit, I hopped onto the waiting taxi along the road to go back to the hotel.

Thoughts
Although Haeundae is famous for its beach, there are many other interesting sights to see and walks to do. I would like to walk along the Old Railway Track if I have the opportunity to visit Haeundae again.
On the same trip
Itinerary
Day1: Seoul
Day2: Seoul - Busan Haeundae Beach, Spa Scrub and Food 
Day3: Busan - Daljima Road Cherry Blossoms, Spa, Haedong Temple 
Day4: GyeongJu Cherry Blossom Day Trip 
Day5: Jinhae Cherry Blossom Day Trip 
Day6: Seoul
Day7: Seoul - Home
Other Busan Trip
Seoul to Busan Travel: Day Trip using the KOrail Pass