Mainly photos
Itiernary
Day 1 - 4 : Seoul
Day 5 : Seoul - Busan - Fukuoka
Day 6 : Fukuoka - Beppu
Day 7 : Beppu - Kumamoto
Day 8 : Kumamoto - Takeo Onsen
Day 9 : Takeo Onsen - Fukuoka
Day 10 : Fukuoka
Day 11 : Fukuoka - Singapore
Busan to Fukuoka / Hakata Ferry
The New Camellia Ferry plies between Busan and Hakata, departing about 20:00 from Busan and arriving in Hakata the next morning at about 7:30am
It was challenging to book the ticket from a non-Engish website, and I realised that I did not book the single cabin after I boarded the ferry. Immediately, I approached the reception for an upgrade to a single cabin. Fortunately, one was available.
The morning train to Beppu
On board the train
Hotel breakfast
Kumamoto Station
Cherry blossom
Supermarket and the local food
Eateries and more food
Misumi
I got to know Misumi Station when I was looking for train rides in Kyushu.
The ride was scenic passing by the sea, and the various stations with blossoming cherry blossom.
Misumi Station is a well maintained station located in Uki, Kumamoto.
Misumi West Port - The Unesco site
The sea view
View from the top
supermart and lunch
A-train
A-train
Takeo Onsen
Takeo Onsen is a hot spring town in Saga Perfecture, and has a history of over 1300 years.
Station.
Tower Gate - Sakura-mon constructed in 1915 and a National Important Cultural Property
Takeo Shrine
The Great Campor Tree of Takeo - ~3000 years old and about 27 meters tall
Day 9 Takeo Onsen - Fukuoka
Takeo Onsen Station
The "Kamome" Shinkansen began service in 2022 connecting Takeo Onsen to Nagasaki. However, Limited express Relay Kamome for travellers between Fukuoka and Takeo Onsen.