Nagoya - A Short Stopover

Nagoya

On this trip, I only had half day to visit Nagoya's attractions!
[The main purpose of visiting Nagoya was because of One Ok Rock Concert

I started with an early morning walk to Nagoya Castle, and arrived at 8:30am only to find out that it only opened at 9am . <Not so travel savvy 😑>After the castle visit, I followed Google Maps to Oasis 21 (to see the spaceship aqua), passing along tree-lined streets.

I was greeted by the gigantic silver spherical globe structure at the Science Museum. The museum is beside a park, and it was a pretty walk under the canopy of autumn leaves through the park. I went on to Osu Street for shopping and lunch, before walking back to the hotel to take the evening flight.

I only managed to try Miso Katsu Pork Cutlet, Tenmusu(Tempura Shrimp Rice Ball) and Hitsumabushi(Grill Eel on Rice). <I wrongly assumed that I would be able to squeeze in other local cuisine at the airport>.
Nagoya deserves more than  a cursory visit. I shall try to come again to try more of their local food and also to walk and explore the many other interesting places beyond the city centre

A bit of Information
Hotel: Mercure Cypress Nagoya
Train to/from Airport - Nagoya Station : 890Yen

Nagoya Railroad Map