Nagoya - ONE OK ROCK Concert - VA Workout

I managed to 'squeeze' 2 days out of my planned holiday in Seoul to skip over to  Nagoya for the One Ok Rock Concert!

ONE OK ROCK Concert
At last, my first rock concert ticket and I was finally really attending it.

I requested for the concert ticket to be delivered to the hotel, and I got it when I reached the hotel 😊. 

I went to the train station early, just in case.

~5:30pm: There was no problem locating the venue as almost everyone moved towards in tandem after alighting at the last train station, Kino-Futo - all clearly headed for the concert as well.

I got into the designated area standing amongst the other excited concertgoers, who ranged from youngsters, office workers, high school students in uniform, a few families and just the lightest sprinkle of foreigners. Many of them have adorned the  band's merchandise <I was tempted to do likewise to 'fit into' the crowd...>. 

It was a sold-out concert, and although the area was full, there was no jostling or pushing.

Thunderous applause and a massive cheer marked the start of the concert at 7pm. I quickly got swept away by the crowd's energy as everyone jumped, swayed and waved to the immediately intense beat of the music, and sang and shouted in unison with the energetic band members. 

It took me a while to really gel with the crowd but I gradually let loose with each new song <my feet got so tired from standing still that, almost ironically, it became preferable to jump, sway and wave>πŸ˜‰

During the interval, a young girl was selected to go onto the stage, and she had come with her mother and grandmother; who both waved and jumped enthusiastically when the camera turned to them. <Aiyo, I have been needlessly 'worrying' myself about being too old and for being crazy?!> and the other teenager selected came with his father. <Nice, a family outing to a rock Concert!>

Each member did solo pieces that were brilliant <The sound system was of such high quality that I did momentarily wonder if all this was pre-recorded>They bantered with one another and joked with the audience <I need to learn Japanese>. 

More songs were played  and they continued to deliver performances with almost ceaseless energy <and their stamina!> and the crowd also grew in fervor alongside with them.

The concert ended at about 9:30pm, after the encore. It was, for sure, a novel and amazing experience  <got to to watch out for possible concert tour in 2020/2021?!>

As I walked hurriedly to the train station after the concert, I felt still the buzz from past few hours, and also struck me then how, remarkably, it was through a series of short events that, quite unforeseeably, had led me to  attend this concert just two months after discovering them - the VA Gym Connection...

VA Pound Class and Workouts

<How I ended up at the concert> 
~Three months ago, whilst browsing Virgin Active classes on a lazy afternoon, I chanced upon a POUND class described as being able to burn up to "900 caloriesπŸ’ͺ and you become the music🎢?!" <Most high-energy workouts were too fast-paced and tough for me but 'up to 900' calories was tempting enough>

So, I hesitantly went; was totally exhausted and somewhat un-coordinated during the first POUND session and my body ached a lot for the few days after😯. However, the instructor Delia was encouraging and friendly <glad that I took the first session with her> 😌. 

I  gamely attended more sessions <it really is a total body workout, with coordination practice as well 😳>.

Indeed, some of the songs she played during the class stuck in my mind<I become the music?!>. I searched Youtube for 'Pound' exercise songs' to create a new playlist; found 'Young Blood', 'Natural', 'Something just Like this', etc and I discovered One Ok Rock in one of the recommended videos!

I surfed through their live performance videos, and was very impressed with the singing, the band members and the audience liveliness <Wow, imagine attending a concert of theirs and be part of the crowd!>. A quick Google search revealed that they were having a Japan Tour!

Very keen to go but there were big unknowns; what if the concert was over-hyped, to Japan(?!), non-ticket-delivery, etc, etc. After a few days of oscillating between "YES" and "NO" and "AM I MAD?", I got ONE ticket (at extremely over-inflated price); modified my travel plan around it, booked the air ticket and hotel for Nagoya... and the countdown to the concert!

Funnily, on reflection, my improved fitness from a year of gym classes, the source of my discovery of One Ok Rock, had made the concert more enjoyable as well <I was tired but not in pain from the standing during the concert>.

To end on a side note: I am not fond of working out <who is?, not me! 😯>, but the Virgin Active instructors and the varieties of classes are good. I do somewhat look forward to Wai Han's ("I am adding on"😡 ) pilates, Lock's ("Let's start with lying down."😌yogaDelia's ("Go LOWER"😬) POUND, Sophia's pop-pilate and Michelle's RPM classes as well. 
<Hmmm, instructors are similar to performers:- train, memorize new releases/songs, do the workout, and try to make the class engaging - definitely a challenging job>. Thanks for the effort! πŸ’ͺπŸ’–πŸ˜Š

By the way, I do put in my best effort during classes <Not that I don't want to stretch more, go lower; I can't πŸ™„>!

A bit of Information
Hotel: Mercure Cypress Nagoya
Train to/from Airport - Nagoya Station : 890Yen
http://www.oneokrock.com/en/
Youtube: OneOkRock - We are
Youtube: OneOkRock - I Was King

Nagoya Railroad Map