Yufuin-no-Mori Atrain Chikugo Rail-Train and Ferries

New Camellia Ferry - Busan to Fukuoka/Hakata
The New Camellia Ferry plies between Busan and Hakata, departing about 20:00 from Busan and arriving in Hakata the next morning at about 7:30am

It was challenging to book the ticket from a non-Engish website, and I realised that I did not book the single cabin after I boarded the ferry. Immediately, I approached the reception for an upgrade to a single cabin.  Fortunately, one was available. 
Day 1 (6) Arrival at Hakata Port

Breakfast and collection of JR pass

Yufuin no Mori : Hakata - Beppu
The morning train to Beppu
On board the train

Countryside view of river, fields and mountain. 

Passing by the waterfalls, and small towns. 

Beppu Station

Beppu to Kumamoto Train

Scenery along the way

Aso Station - excursion for Mount Aso
Kumamoto Station

A-train
I got to know Misumi Station when I was looking for train rides in Kyushu. 
The ride was scenic passing by the sea, and the various stations with blossoming cherry blossom. 
Misumi Station is a well maintained station located in Uki, Kumamoto. 
A-train
A-train
Chikugo - The Rail Kitchen
It is a tourist train that offers onboard dining experience. I managed to book the Sunday lunch starting from Fukuoka to Omuta. A seat was assigned, and the menu was given once onboard the train. 

The menu was curated three chefs, and included a welcome drink, assortments of 6 appetizers, a fish and meat dish, dessert and coffee.
The food was served as the train rolled towards it destination. It was an excellent combination of both culinary and sightseeing trip. 
Mainly photos
Itinerary
Day 1 : Seoul
Day 2 : Sungyemun to Heunginmun
Day 3 : Sungyemun to Sajikdan Altar
            Heuunginmun to Samcheong Park
Day 4 : Seoul
Day 5 : Seoul - Busan - Fukuoka
Day 6 : Fukuoka - Beppu
Day 7 : Beppu - Kumamoto
Day 8 : Kumamoto - Takeo Onsen
Day 9 : Takeo Onsen - Fukuoka
Day 10 : Fukuoka - Genkai Island
Day 11 : Fukuoka - Singapore