Faroe Islands

Faroe Islands
Work in progress

Day 1: Arrived in the evening, and the pre-arranged transport was nowhere in sight. I asked the airport transport counter staff to help me.
I arrived late into the hotel, had dinner and was a bit apprehensive about the next four days of my trip. 

Day 2 - Town Tour / Free and Easy
I walked into town (about 20 minutes) to met the tour guide for a city tour. The weather was good.

 I had a good walk around town. 
Harbour front
Buildings
Buildings


I visited the shopping centre,

I walked to the outdoor museum, and a walk along the trail back to the hotel. 

I stopped by the supermarket.

Day 3:
 I waited in the central bus station for a one-day tour of . However, the coach or tour guide did not turned up. 
After seeking help from a local, the taxi operator and a bus driver, the bus driver said that the tour company has forgotten about my day tour. 
He asked me to take his bus, and that the tour company would send their vehicle and guide to meet me along the way.
After about half hour, the bus pulled up at a car park. Then, the tour vehicle came and I took the tour coach to proceed with my trip.
It was raining incessantly. We drove along the almost deserted road to different town/village in the north. 
There were underwater tunnels linking the various islands.
We had lunch in one of the cafes in a town. 
We arrived at the last village, and the landscape was bleak yet beautiful.

I arrived back in hotel at about 6pm.

Day 4
The tour guide texted in the morning about picking me up at the hotel. He came in his car, instead of the tour coach. 
We drove to a lookout point to have a bird-eye view of the city.
It was a rainy day. In one of the villages, produces were for sales in enclosed wooden cabinet.
We had a break. 
We drove to the various villages in the south. 
At last, we arrived at the waterfall.
The weather has been raining and windy.
The fall was spectacular especially when the winds blew the water of the fall.
We passed a long tunnel to get back to the hotel.
We stopped the car to take photos. The sheep nearby rushed up to us, as if to be in the photos.

Day 5
The pick-up was late but I arrived on the airport in time. 
The weather was good and I was keen to get back to Copenhagen, and not to spend more time on the Island.