Hong Kong : Walk/Eat/Shop/Friends

April 2026
After a rather diastrous mixed-up and cancellation of the Hong Kong trip in March, I booked a day trip to Hong Kong when I was in Guangzhou in April.
Central
The familiar

Central Market,  the walkway

Peddler Street
Food and meeting


June 16 2018
<< Mainly photos>>
The trip was initially cancelled because of the protest. However, K's meeting in Hong Kong proceeded, and thus I flew to Hong Kong to join him.
Hong Kong Evening
Hong Kong was my first overseas working stint. I have since like the city for its vibrancy and dynamism.



Hong Kong Day
I did my usual walking around the shopping centres and the various streets.
I took the tram to Causeway Bay and back
P

I had not seen or keep in contact with Suzanna for ages. She was my senior when I was working in Hong Kong. She was helpful and we got along well. On impulse, I  texted her. It was great that she was able to adjust her timing so that we could meet. We walked to the harhour front, and I was very happy that we chatted , laugh and still hold similar views about the world. We had our lunch at KowloonTong so that I could meet Annie. 

We avoided the protest area.

Temple Street
In the evening, we made a trip to Temple Street for nostalgic reason.
Stalls
More temple street
Evening
Food
More street food
I also contacted Annie, my college friend. She also adjusted her working schedule to have a coffee. I am happy that we are still able to laugh and joke like we used to be. Thanks!

2018 (A food trip)
More food
food
more
dimsum

and some not photographed...
2017 (A slightly wet trip)
Victoria Harbour

The bamboo for construction

The must-have breakfast

View from the overhead bridge walk

Dropping by Apple Shop

Happy Valley Racecourse : Something New
interesting