Italy Travel : Via Pisa, Venice and Mestre

Pisa
We stop-over in Pisa on our way back to Florence from Cinque Terra. Although I had visited the Leaning Tower on my first Europe trip, Kee and Ju had not visited it before. Also, an evening visit could be different from a daytime visit that I had many many years ago.
<<Admittedly, it's an ulterior motive to squeeze as many sights into this Italy trip 😗>>
As we approached the Piazza del Duomo, the Pisa Cathedral, the Pisa Baptistry and the leaning tower came into view. Even in the dim evening light, they are such impressive buildings, and I was glad that we came even if it was a short visit. 












After enjoying our walk around the compound, we took the train back to Florence.

Venice
We arrived in Mestre from Cortina D'ampezzo in the evening. Our flight to London were scheduled the next evening. We bought the bus ticket to Venice at the hotel, and took an evening bus to Venice for dinner. The next day, we took an early bus to Venice again.

Although the weather was cold and grey, Venice was still as charming and unique with its narrow alleys and rivers.
As I wandered through the alleys and bridges, I saw some locals coming in/out of their houses and also shopping in the local market. It really could be a challenge to live in one of the most famous tourist attractions.
Mestre
I booked the hotel in Mestre instead of Venice because it was cheaper, nearer to the airport << and I added another city in my Italy trip?! 😈).

We walked around the square and the market and had our lunch in one of the restaurants. 

It was nice to experience the daily life of an Italian town without few tourists. 
I was quite taken aback when I saw first the hotel as it was not as new as I had expected. However, I was quite charmed by it after the initial 'shock'.

We left Mestre for London in the evening. I had enjoyed my travel in Italy. 😊