Cambodia : Phnom Penh, Central Market, Visits

For the past three years, I have always wanted to visit my friends in Phnom Penh but have not managed to because I like to go only during December or January when the weather is not as hot or rainy.  I finally managed to arrange a trip in January.

I met up with my friends the next day. Happy that they were all smiles as well. We started with a visit to the Central Market.

The Central Market is vibrant with the buzz of shopkeepers. It is a building with a central dome and four extended sides, divided into several sections. The stores sell clothings, shoes, groceries, souvenirs, electronic goods and so much more - a truly dazzling array of merchandises.
Cambodia Phnom Penh Central Market
Phnom Penh Central Market
Cambodia Phnom Penh Central Market
Cambodia Phnom Penh Central Market
After shopping in the Central Market, we visited a community centre cum school. The facade and architecture of the centre was a breath of fresh air with its simple lines and spacious layout, providing a sense of serenity and peace amongst the surrounding buildings and environment. Remarkable indeed!
After the visit, we had a snack and drink at a cafe. We caught up with one another, and chatted about everything and anything. Before long, smiles tinged with a bit of sadness, we had to bid farewell to each other.
   (View from the building and the happy gathering)

                    

I also visited the independent monument, the Norodom Boulevard, had a meal in the restaurants 'Malis', 'Friends' and 'Connecting Hands' and topped it off with 2 relaxing massages at Plantation Spa.

I had a fruitful catchup with my friends and am glad that they are doing well in their pursuits.
"Friends(potential future professional footballer, physicist, doctor, author, etc), please strive hard and put in your best effort. :) With Love!"

Also, Phnom Penh has changed much since my last visit three years ago. I landed in the modern newly-renovated airport extension building; I saw many more constructions and buildings, as well as infrastructural upgrades of roads and flyovers. My airport pick-up driver gushed about the huge Chinese investments and the upcoming country elections. May the country continue to grow and prosper so that a brighter future awaits the young generation.

Hopefully, I can squeeze out a few days in the coming years for a visit again.

Maybe Useful Note:
The US dollar is widely accepted. It will be useful to keep some amount of their local currency on hand though (~US$5-10?). The exchange rate in the city is better than in the airport.
Airport Pickup services ~US$14
Massage ~ US$20-26 / hour