Berlin and the Marathon 2016 - Not me Running

Berlin is a great city. 

I first travelled to Berlin in 1990 because the Berlin Wall has been torn down, and it was the nearest city to connect to the rest of Europe. 

Marathon : Brandenburg Gate
Kee was disappointed that his application to run the Berlin Marathon was unsuccessful. 
Then, he applied via a running club, and managed to get a slot to run. I looked forward to my third short travel to Berlin :)




Berlin Wall 
The first time I arrived in Berlin was via the Trans-Siberian Train from Beijing in 1990. The wall has just been torn down and it such a historic moment to arrive into (West) Berlin, crossing Charlie Checkpoint (if my memory is right?!)



Gendarmenmarkt
The second visit was a business conference to present the start-up initiative. Inka whom I knew from my Melbourne trip drove from Luceck to meet me. We went to the city, a garden and have lunch and dinner together. I was indeed grateful.
Museum Island
We walked the Museum Island on a beautiful sunny morning.


Berlin Cathedral

Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe
As I walked through the Memorial, I hope the world can make peace rather than war...


Meal in Berlin Chinatown
I am always interested to find out more about Chinatown. 

Alexanderplatz
Our hotel was near Alexanderplatz. 

Much has changed in Berlin, for the better. :)